Odisha Mukhyamantri Krishi Udyog Yojana
As we know that in INDIA agriculture sector is always in loss. As agriculture is the most important sector but then also the income in this sector is too less. So to provide some more benefits to the farmers of odisha and to encourage entrepreneurs to go in agriculture sector the odisha government start this yojana in 2019.
Under this scheme, Government provides financial assistance in the form of Capital Investment Subsidy on loan to entrepreneurs for setting up new agro-industries in the state of Odisha.
Objective of this scheme is to increase the income of the farmers by creating new employment opportunities in agro industries. As this will help to grow the agriculture sector more and will increase the income of farmers.
The projects which entrepreneurs can do under this are:
- Agriculture units
- Dairy farming
- Animal resource development
- Food processing sector
- Agro Service Centre
- Veterinary Clinic
- Bio fertilizer Production and Marketing
- Tissue culture laboratory
- Poultry Hatchery and Breeders Farm
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Commercial Duck Farming
As for these projects only capital investment subsidy will be provided to entrepreneurs. Once the entrepreneur sets up the agro industry under Mukhyamantri Krishi Udyog Yojana, it will be monitored by Agricultural Promotion & Investment Corporation of Odisha Limited (APICOL) and National Informatics Centre (NIC).
Krishi Udyog Yojana Beneficiaries
The eligible beneficiaries under Mukhyamantri Krishi Udyog Yojana are listed below.
- An individual
- Partnership enterprise
- Body of individuals
- Registered NGOs, SHGs
- Group of Individuals like registered FPOs, FPCs, NGOs, SHGs, PACs and LAMPs
- Women, SC, ST Graduates in Agriculture and allied discipline
- Private limited companies.
Eligibility criteria to obtain MKUY benefits are described below:
- Permanent resident of Odisha only can apply for MKUY subsidy loan
- An entrepreneur or group of entrepreneurs can avail benefits for any number of projects. The entrepreneur should get net income of 10% of the project cost minimum to Rs.2.00 lakh per annum.
- If an entrepreneur once availed CIS (Capital Investment Subsidy) for an Agri-enterprise, he will be eligible to apply for another new project only after 5 years.
Following documents need to be submitted for Mukhyamantri Krishi Udyog Yojana CSI.
- Land record
- Lease document
- Aadhaar Card
- Caste certificate (mandatory for SC/ST applicant)
- Graduation certificate in Agriculture and allied discipline
- Identity proof – Voter ID
- Passport size photograph
- Project Report summary.
This scheme will result in the development of agriculture and agricultural laborers. Under Mukhyamantri Abhinav Krishi Yantrapati Samman Yojana, govt. will select 101 farmers (11 from states and 90 from districts). Top 3 farmers will get Rs. 2 lakh, Rs. 1.5 lakh and Rs. 1 lakh while all other farmers will get Rs. 15,000 each.
All the farmers who invent innovative tools and implements will be honored and can setup their own manufacturing units or company and will register them under Startup Odisha Initiative. Thus this scheme will allow innovators to get a monthly assistance of Rs. 20,000 per month. Furthermore if any farmer wants to improvise their tools and implements, then govt. will provide assistance up to Rs. 15 lakh.