Know about khelo india youth games 2020 registration last date.
Khelo India Yojana: Sports and fitness work together because if a person is playing sports he is working physically to remain fit and healthy. Sports not only helps the person to remain fit but it also helps in developing many other skills such as team spirit, confidence, decision making power, leadership skills , goals etc. And sports is important for personal as well as national growth.
India has made a steady progress in field of sports in last few decades. It inspire the young generation of our country to showcase their talent in front of entire world. Only then India can fulfil its dream of becoming sports super power.
By putting this thought in mind Khelo India Yojana is launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 31 august 2018. This yojana’s aim is play India Youth games. This programme is held in annually in January or February every year at national level. It is held in two categories: Under 17 and Under 21. And then 1000 best kids will be choosen and given an annual scholarship of 5, 00, 000/- per student for 8 years to prepare themselves in the field of sports.
Khelo India Yojana is divided in 12 verticals, namely:
- Play field development.
- Community Coaching Development.
- State level khelo India Centres.
- Annual sports competition.
- Talent search and development.
- Utilization and creation infrastructure.
- Support to National/Regional academics.
- Physical fitness of school children.
- Sports for women.
- Promotion of sports among people with disabilities.
- Sports for peace and development.
- Promotion of rural and indigenous/tribal areas.
Eligibility for Khelo India
Below are some mandatory conditions which have to be fulfilled by the participants:
- The player must to a resident of India to participate in this program.
- The player must be at least 8 years old to participate in this program.
- A player can only apply for one scheme.
Benefits of Khelo India Yojana
There are many benefits of this program in which some of them are as follows:
- Training will be provided to talented players by the government.
- Under this scheme, the players who are poor and can’t afford training
due to lack of funds will be provided assistance.
- The main objective of this program is to motivate the players to move
forward on their own regardless of lack of education or money.
- Scholarship will be provided to 1000 talented players every year .
- 20 universities will be promoted in this program where sports are the centre of excellence.
Sports Included in Khelo India Yojana
The 16 sports which are included in this program are as follows:
- Shooting etc.